Food and Nutrition Services


Free & Reduced Lunch Application


Pay A Lunch Balance

Did you know that you are able to pay for your student lunches online?  It is a simple process in the Parent Portal.  If you don't have access to the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus, contact your school secretary and they will be able to assist you.  

How to pay for lunches online.

  1. Log in to the Infinite Campus Portal

  2. Click on "Payments"

  3. Each student's current account balance should show up in your list.

USDA Food Waiver Program Extended for the 21-22 School Year

The USDA announced a continuation of the CARES Act funded waiver program for school meals amid the coronavirus pandemic. This allows access to free meals for children in communities across the country. The program has been extended through end of the 2021-22 school year.

What does this mean for Gering Public School students?

  1. Breakfast and lunch base meals will be provided at NO COST for all GPS students regardless of household income. Please note: we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE families to still complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application Form! This plays a significant role in school funding and can impact student fee waivers.

  2. This will cover base meal costs only and does not include add-ons like extra milk, flavored drinks, ala carte, etc.

  3. This program will remain in effect through the 2021-22 school year.

  4. Funds currently available on your student’s lunch account will remain on their account for additional purchases like extra milk, etc.

To access lunch menus and school breakfast/lunch information right at your fingertips, download the Taher "Food 4 Life" App.

Food 4 Life

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individual who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877- 8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:  and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

Mail: S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; Fax: (202) 690-7442; or Email:

 This institution is an equal opportunity provider.