Gering Public Schools
Strategic Goals & Action Plans
- By June 2016, Gering Public Schools will have in place a prospectus to align grade-levels that include workable and efficient grade-level configurations, a facilities master plan that accommodates the grade-level configurations, and a timeline for implementation.
- The Nebraska State Standards and Assessment align grade levels K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Gering Public Schools physical configuration is K-6, 7-8, 9, and 10-12.
- Many advanced courses, elective courses, co-curricular activities, and extracurricular activities do not match the current physical configuration of the district.
- Strategic Action Plan #1: Grade Configuration
- Citizens are increasingly required to appropriately utilize technology in all facets of work and life.
- Curriculum and assessment platforms are becoming increasingly digital.
- Strategic Action Plan #2: Technology
- Schools across both Nebraska and the nation are trending towards a college and career readiness model.
- Students have a reasonably full access to a college prep curriculum and more limited access to career pathways while attending Gering Public Schools.
- Student should be able to exit Gering Public Schools progressing towards either college, career readiness, or directly to the workforce.
- Strategic Action Plan #3: Flexible Learning Options
- Includes not only the physical brand (i.e., the G, the bulldog, colors, etc.) but also what it represents (i.e., high levels of academic achievement, progressive and innovative educational programming, outstanding student performance, etc.) within the community and across the region and state.
- Strategic Action Plan #4: Branding