Gering Public Schools, located in Scotts Bluff County, is a comprehensive school system offering education to students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. Students identified with special needs are served through a special education program.
The district includes a preschool, four elementary schools, a middle school, a freshman academy, a high school, and an alternative high school. Combined, these buildings house over 2,000 students.
Quality education begins with a quality staff. The District is proud of the energy, creativity, commitment, caring, and high standards for professionalism displayed by its staff. The district employs approximately 300 staff members. Hiring procedures and annual evaluations maintain quality standards for personnel selection and continuing employment.
GERING PUBLIC SCHOOLS: #GPSBulldogs
- GPS has a quality and caring staff.
- GPS provides an enriched and valuable education.
- GPS students graduate college and career ready.
- GPS students are connected with their community and school.
- Providing a safe environment for students and staff is our priority.